Monday 10 September 2012

New Wheels.

I traded my rusty Commodore Wagon today! Little bit sad but my mechanic wouldn't have given it a road worthy certificate! And it cost me $90 a week in juice! It was big and clunky, it served us well though.

I am very happy with my little cash purchase! It's a small Mazda 121 Shades! An oldy but a goody! 4 door, air bags, manual, runs on the smell of an oily rag and most importantly... a cassette player!! Hmm I must find my old Bangles and Roxette tapes!

(The photo isn't my car, and I paid not even half that price)!!



4 comments:

  1. A cassette player? That sounds cool! It’s not a bad idea to go old school sometimes! I’m certain that the car will bring back the memories of the good old days, especially when you started playing your old tapes! I, too, would sometimes play some oldies but goodies music in my car. It’s a perfect way to remember and unwind while you are rolling on the streets with an awesome auto!

    Ernest Houston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This car looks like it has a spacious interior, which is a benefit for the car driver and the other passengers. And that’s definitely one thing lacking in modern cars: a cassette player! Hahaha :) Now you can kick back and listen to your old tunes while on the road, and if the rewind isn’t working, get that pencil and start winding!

    [Patrick Gauer]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have collected a lot of Roxette tapes. A car with a cassette player is, quite frankly, perfect for a Swedish pop-rock music lover like you. Thanks for posting a picture of the model! Now, we can at least get an idea of how it looks. You also seem to have gotten a great deal out of your new car! And I guess you have more than enough to go a little further with customizations, right?



    Ginny Hollinger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! It is so hard to look for cars that have cassette players nowadays. Most of them play CDs. I can imagine your feeling of excitement with your new car. Knowing that you will be able to relive your love for old school music because you’ll be able to play cassette tapes! That really makes me jealous! Haha.

    Brittanie Holderness

    ReplyDelete