Saturday 8 September 2012

Free play.

Mum never took my sister and I to play centres! Because they didn't exist! I have to say, good old fashion free play is what all my boys need!

This weekend we swam in the beach.. FREE! Then we went exploring up at Beacon Hill headland! FREE!

The best memories I have as a kid were all outside play! We used to play at the Manly Dam or rome the streets of Cromer! (maybe not a good idea now to Rome the streets alone)!! But my mum hardly ever put her hand in her purse for entertainment! Maybe a movie treat now and then or my sister and I would share a pack of over salted Kentucky Fried Chicken chips! That's if we nagged for 1/2 a day and she would cave!

I am a victim of the odd play centre visit. But is it necessary? No!

Think outside the box for play!
What were your best childhood memories that were free!

No comments:

Post a Comment